Copiers / PrintersBACK
Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE DX C5840i
- 10.1″ intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Hot Folders allow users to drag and drop a file into a hot folder, and automatically print with predefined settings such as number of copies and finishing requirements.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Integrates with existing, third-party Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to help provide real-time comprehensive insights into potential threats to the network and printers.
- Technology to verify that the device boot process, firmware, and applications initialize at startup, without any alterations or tampering by malicious third parties. During operation, McAfee Embedded Control utilizes a whitelist to protect against malware and tampering of firmware and applications.
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control access to the device and specific features, using a host of flexible authentication methods – PIN code, user name/password, or card access.
- Canon’s signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for consistently striking images, thanks to Canon’s V2 color profile.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have received many awards and recognition from leading industry analysts, often referencing strong reliability..
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full accounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, job routing, and powerful scan workflows.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.
|TYPE||Color Laser Multifunctional|
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store
|CONTROL PANEL||10.1″ TFT LCD WSVGA Color Flat-panel|
|MEMORY||5.0 GB RAM|
|SOLID STATE DRIVE||Standard: (SSD) 250 GB
Optional: (SSD) 250 GB, 1 TB
|INTERFACE CONNECTION||Network: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
Optional: NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy
Standard: USB 2.0 (Host) x1, USB 3.0 (Host) x1, USB 2.0 (Device) x1
Optional: Copy Control Interface
|PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 1,200 Sheets
Maximum: 6,350 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet Stack Bypass
Optional: Dual 550-Sheet Paper Cassettes (Cassette Feeding Unit-AM1), 2,450-Sheet High Capacity Paper Cassette (High Capacity Cassette Feeding Unit-C1), 2,700-Sheet Paper Deck (Paper Deck Unit-F1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 250 Sheets Maximum: 3,450 Sheets (with Staple Finisher-AB1 or Booklet Finisher-AB1 and 3rd Copy Tray Kit-A1)|
|FINISHING CAPABILITIES||Standard: Collate, Group With Options: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, Saddle-Stitch, Hole Punch, Eco Staple, Staple On Demand|
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Multi-Purpose Tray: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Coated, Tracing, Bond, Transparency, Label, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Tab, Envelope
Paper Cassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Bond, Transparency, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Envelope
|SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Upper Cassette: Letter, Executive, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Custom Size (3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 11-3/4″ x 8-1/2″)
Lower Cassette: 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Custom Size (3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 12″ x 18″)
Multi-Purpose Tray: 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement, Statement-R, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Envelope Custom Size (3-7/8″ x 3-1/2″ to 12-5/8″ x 18″), Custom Size/ Free Size (3-7/8″ x 5-1/2″ to 12-5/8″ x 18″)
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index (52 to 256 g/m2 )
Stack Bypass: 14 lb. Bond to 110 lb. Cover (52 to 300 g/m2 )
Duplexing: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index (52 to 256 g/m2 )
|PRINT/COPY SPEED (BW AND COLOR)||Up to 70 ppm (Letter);Up to 42 ppm (Letter-R); Up to 40 ppm (Legal); Up to 35 ppm (11″ x 17″)|
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: Approx. 6 Seconds1
From Sleep Mode: Approx. 6 Seconds2
Quick Startup Mode: Approx. 4 Seconds3
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||24-3/8″ x 28-1/2″ x 36-7/8″ (620 x 722 x 937 mm)4|
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||Basic: 44-7/8″ x 45-3/4″ (1,138 x 1,162 mm) (Right Cover Open with Multi-purpose tray extended + Cassette Drawers Open)
Fully Configured: 73-1/2″ x 45-3/4″ (1,866 x 1,162 mm ) (Staple Finisher-AB1 or Booklet Finisher-AB1 with the extension tray extended + Paper Deck Unit-F1 + Cassette Drawers open)
|WEIGHT5||Approx. 229.3 lb (104 kg)|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)||1200 x 1200|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL6, Adobe PS 3|
|SUPPORTED FILES||PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS6, XPS|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of standard and optional software and MEAP-based solutions (including AirPrint, Mopria, Universal Print by Microsoft®, Canon PRINT Business, and uniFLOW Online) are available to provide printing from mobile devices or internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements. Please contact your sales representative for further information.|
|FONTS||PCL: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese),7 Barcode Fonts8
PS: 136 Roman
|OPERATING SYSTEM 9||UFRII/PS: Windows® 7/8.1/10/Server2008/ Server2008 R2/Server2012/Server2012 R2/Server2016/Server2019, Mac OS X (10.11 or later)
PCL: Windows® 7/8.1/10/Server2008/ Server2008 R2/Server2012/Server2012 R2/Server2016/Server2019 PPD: Windows® 7/8.1/10, Mac OS X(10.10 or later)
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME||As fast as 4.1 seconds (BW)/ 6.1 seconds (Color)|
|COPY RESOLUTION (dpi)||600 x 600|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 999|
|MAGNIFICATION||25%-400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTION / ENLARGEMENT||25%, 50%, 64%, 73%, 78%, 100% (1:1), 121%, 129%, 200%, 400%|
|TYPE||Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||Up to 200 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R, Custom Size: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ to 12″ x 17″|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Single-Sided Scanning: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 gsm) (BW, CL)
Double-Sided Scanning: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 gsm) (BW, CL)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects|
|PULL SCAN||Color Network ScanGear for both Twain and WIA
Supported OS: Windows® 7/8.1/10/Server 2008/ Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/ Server 2012 R2/Server 2016
|SCAN RESOLUTION (dpi)||Scan for Copy: 600 x 600
Scan for Send: (Push) 600 x 600 (SMB/FTP/WebDAV/ IFAX), (Pull) 600 x 600
Scan for Fax: 600 x 600
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to compatible mobile devices and certain cloud-based services depending on your requirements.|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||Single-sided Scanning: 135/135 (300 dpi), 80/80 (600 dpi)
Double-sided Scanning: 270/270 (300 dpi), 160/90 (600 dpi)
|DESTINATION||Standard: E-mail/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB3.0, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box
Optional: Super G3 FAX, IP Fax
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed Dial (200)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||Push: Up to 600 x 600
Pull: Up to 600 x 600
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP(TCP/IP), SMB3.0 (TCP/IP), WebDAV
Email: SMTP, POP3
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Encrypted, Compact, Searchable, Apply Policy, Optimize for Web, User Signature, PDF A/1-b, Limited Color, Device Signature, User Signature), XPS (Compact, Searchable, Device Signature, User Signature), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word)|
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 Kbps
G3: 14.4 Kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement-R to 11″ x 17″|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 30,000 Pages (2,000 jobs)|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 200|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 199 Dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 256 Addresses|
|MAIL BOX SIMPLE (NUMBER SUPPORTED)||100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, Maximum 10,000 Pages (2,000 jobs) Stored|
|ADVANCED BOX||Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV
Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows 8.1/10)
Concurrent Connections (Max.)
|ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE||Approx. 16 GB (Standard HDD)
Approx. 480 GB (With Optional 1 TB HDD)
|AUTHENTICATION AND ACCESS CONTROL||User Authentication (Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Username and Password Login, Function Level Login, Mobile Login), Department ID Authentication (Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), uniFLOW Online Express10 (PIN Login, Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Card and PIN Login, Username and Password Login, Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), Access Management System (Access Control)|
|DOCUMENT SECURITY||Print Security (Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Forced Hold Printing, uniFLOW Secure Print11), Receive Data Security (Confidential Fax Inbox Forwarding Received Documents Automatically), Scan Security (Encrypted PDF, Device Signature PDF/XPS, User Signature PDF/XPS, Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES2.5 Integration), BOX Security (Mail Box Password Protected, Advanced Box Access Control), Send Data Security (Setting for requesting password input per transmission, Restricted E-mail/File send functions, Confirming FAX number, Allow/ Restrict Fax Driver Transmissions, Allow/Restrict Sending from History, S/MIME Support), Document Tracking (Secure Watermark)|
|NETWORK SECURITY||TLS 1.3, IPSec, IEEE802.1X authentication, SNMP V3.0, Firewall Functionality (IP/MAC Address Filtering), Dual Network Support (Wired LAN/Wireless LAN, Wired LAN/ Wired LAN), Disabling Unused Functions (Enabling/ Disabling Protocols/Applications, Enabling/Disabling Remote UI, Enabling/Disabling USB Interface), G3 FAX separation from LAN, USB Port separation from LAN, Prohibit the execution of files stored in Advanced Box in the MFP, Scan and Send-Virus Concerns for E-mail Reception|
|DEVICE SECURITY||Protecting SSD Data [SSD Data Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated), SSD Lock], Standard SSD Initialize, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Job Log Conceal Function, Protecting MFD Software Integrity, Checking MFD Software Integrity (Verify System at Startup, Runtime Intrusion Detection)|
|DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND AUDITING||Administrator Password, Digital Certificate and Key Management, Audit Log, Cooperating with External Security Audit System (Security Information and Event Management), Image Data Logging, Security Policy Setting|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (Relative Humidity)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||110-127V, 60Hz, 12A|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1,800 W
Standby: Approx. 56.1 W12
Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.8 W13
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating:14 0.47 kWh
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Certified
Rated EPEAT® Gold
GPR-61 Toner BK/C/M/Y
|TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 5% COVERAGE)||
GPR-61 Toner BK: 71,000 Pages
|Time from device power-on, until copy ready (not print reservation).
Time from exiting Sleep mode to when printing is operational.
Time from device power-on to when the copy icon appears and is enabled to operate on the touch panel display.
Includes main unit and either Cassette Feeding Unit-AQ1, High Capacity Cassette Feeding Unit-C1, or Cabinet Type-V.
Includes main unit, consumables, and Cassette Feeding Unit-AQ1.
EPS can be printed directly only from the Remote User Interface.
Requires the optional PCL International Font Set-A1.
Requires the optional Barcode Printer Kit-D1.
Other operating systems and environments, including AS/400, UNIX, Linux, and Citrix may be supported. Some of these solutions are chargeable. SAP Device Types are available via the SAP Market Place. For more information, contact your sales representative.
No charge for this solution; however, activation is required.
Requires uniFLOW Online/uniFLOW.
Reference Value (measured one unit).
8 W Sleep mode not available in all circumstances due to certain settings.
Based on ENERGY STAR Product Specification for Imaging Equipment Version 3.0.
GPR-61L Toner also available for Color (C, M, Y). Yield (estimated @ 5% coverage) is 26,000 images.