imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 8986i
- 10.1″ intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Hot Folders allow users to drag and drop a file into a hot folder, and automatically print with predefined settings such as number of copies and finishing requirements.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Integrates with existing, third-party Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to help provide real-time comprehensive insights into potential threats to the network and printers.
- Technology to verify that the device boot process, firmware, and applications initialize at startup, without any alterations or tampering by malicious third parties. During operation, McAfee Embedded Control utilizes a whitelist to protect against malware and tampering of firmware and applications.
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control aCess to the device and specific features, using a host of flexible authentication methods – PIN code, username/password, or card aCess.
- Canon’s signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for consistently striking images, thanks to Canon’s V2 color profile.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have received many awards and recognition from leading industry analysts, often referencing strong reliability.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full aCounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, job routing, and powerful scan workflows.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 8986i
Monochrome Laser Multifunctional
Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store, Fax
1.8GHz Dual Core Processor
Standard: 10.1″ TFT LCD WSVGA Color Flat Touch-panel Optional 10.4″ TFT LCD SVGA Color Upright Touch-panel
4 GB RAM
|SOLID STATE DRIVE||
Standard: 256 GB Maximum: 1 TB Mirroring: Optional
Network Standard: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T Optional: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) Others Standard: USB 2.0 x1 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device) Optional: Copy Control Interface
|PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||
Standard: 4,360 Sheets Maximum: 8,020 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||
Standard: Dual 1,560-sheet Paper Drawers, Dual 570-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet Multipurpose Tray Optional: 3,660-sheet Paper Deck (Paper Deck Unit-E1 or POD Deck Lite-C1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||
With Copy Tray: 250 Sheets With External Finishers: 5,000 Sheets (with Staple Finisher-AC1 or Booklet Finisher-AC2)
With Options: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, SaddleStitch, Hole Punch, Eco Staple, Staple On Demand, Document Insertion, Z-fold, Halffold, C-fold, Accordion-Z fold, Double Parallel-fold, Trimming
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||
Multi-purpose Tray: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Tracing,6 Bond, Transparency, Labels, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Tab Paper Decks: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Bond, Pre-punched, Letterhead Paper Cassettes: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Bond, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Tab7
|SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||
Multi-purpose Tray: 13″ x 19″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R Custom Size/Free Size (4″ x 5-7/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″) Paper Decks: Letter Paper Cassettes: 13″ x 19″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (5-1/2″ x 7-1/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″)
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||
Paper Decks/ Cassettes: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2 ) Multi-purpose Tray: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index (52 to 256 g/m2 ) Duplexing: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2 )
|PRINT/COPY SPEED (BW AND COLOR)||
8905i: Up to 105 ppm (Letter) Up to 81 ppm (Letter-R) Up to 63 ppm (Legal) Up to 53 ppm (11″ x 17″) 8995i: Up to 95 ppm (Letter) Up to 73 ppm (Letter-R) Up to 60 ppm (Legal) Up to 49 ppm (11″ x 17″) 8986i: Up to 86 ppm (Letter) Up to 67 ppm (Letter-R) Up to 57 ppm (Legal) Up to 43 ppm (11″ x 17″)
From Power On: Approx. 60 Seconds8 From Sleep Mode: Approx. 60 Seconds9
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||
Standard: 26-3/8″ x 30-3/8″ x 46-5/8″ (670 mm x 770 mm x 1,185 mm) With Optional Upright Touch-panel: 46-1/8″ x 30-3/8″ x 49-1/4″ (1,170 mm x 770 mm x 1,252 mm)
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||
Basic: 60-3/8″ x 53-1/4″ (1,533 x 1,353 mm)11 Fully Configured: 199-1/2″ x 55-1/2″ (5,068 x 1,409 mm)12
Approx. 487.2 lb. (221 kg)13
1200 x 1200
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||
UFR II, PCL®6, Adobe® PS® 3
PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS, XPS
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||
A range of standard and optional software and MEAP- based solutions (including AirPrint, Mopria, Google Cloud Print, Canon PRINT Business, and uniFLOW Online) are available to provide printing from mobile devices or internetconnected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements. Please contact your sales representative for further information.
PCL: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese),5 Barcode Fonts6
|OPERATING SYSTEM 7||
UFRII/PS: Windows®10/11/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019/Server 2022, MAC OS X (10.13 or later) PCL: Windows®10/11/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019/Server 2022, MAC OS X (10.13 or later) PS: Windows®10/11/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019/Server 2022, MAC OS X (10.13 or later) PPD: Windows®10/11, MAC OS X (10.13 or later)
As fast as 2.7 seconds
|COPY RESOLUTION (dpi)||
600 x 600
Up to 9,999 Copies
25%-400% (1% Increments)
|PRESET REDUCTION / ENLARGEMENT||
25%, 50%, 64%, 78%, 100% (1:1), 129%, 200%, 400%
Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||
Up to 200 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||
11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R, Custom Size: 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ to 12″ x 17″
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||
Single-Sided Scanning: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 gsm) (BW, CL) Double-Sided Scanning: 13.3 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 gsm) (BW, CL)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||
Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects
Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA Supported OS: Windows®10/11/Server 2012/ Server 2012 R2/Server 2016/Server 2019/Server 2022
|SCAN RESOLUTION (dpi)||
Scan for Send: (Push) 600 x 600 (SMB/FTP/WebDAV/ IFAX), (Pull) 600 x 600 Scan for Copy: 600 x 600 Scan for Fax: 600 x 600
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||
A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to compatible mobile devices and certain cloud-based services depending on your requirements.
|SCAN SPEED (LTR) (BW/CL)||
Single-sided Scanning BW/Color: 135 (300 dpi)/80 (600 dpi) Double-sided Scanning BW/Color: 270 (300 dpi)/160 (600 dpi)
Standard: E-mail/Internet FAX (SMTP), SMB 3.0, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box
Optional: Super G3 FAX, IP Fax
LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed Dial (200)
Push: Up to 600 x 600
File: FTP: (TCP/IP), SMB3.1.1 (TCP/IP), WebDAV Email/Fax: SMTP (Send), POP3 (Receive)
TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable, Apply policy, Optimize for Web, PDF A/1-b, Trace & Smooth, Encrypted, Device Signature, User Signature), XPS (Compact, Searchable, Device Signature, User Signature), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word)
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CONNECTION LINES||
Super G3: 33.6 Kbps
MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
400×400 (Ultra Fine), 200×400 (Super Fine), 200×200 (Fine), 200×100 (Normal)
|SENDING / RECEIVING SIZE||
Statement-R to 11″ x 17″
Up to 30,000 Pages (2,000 jobs)
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||
Max. 199 Dials
Max. 256 Addresses
|MAIL BOX SIMPLE (NUMBER SUPPORTED)||
100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX Inbox, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, Maximum 30,000 Pages (2,000 jobs) Stored
Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows 10/11) Concurrent Connections (Max.): SMB: 64 WebDAV: 3 (Active Sessions)Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows 8.1/10) Concurrent Connections (Max.) SMB: 64 WebDAV: 3
|ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE||
Approx. 16 GB (Standard) Approx. 480 GB (Optional)
|AUTHENTICATION AND ACCESS CONTROL||
User Authentication (Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Username and Password Login, Function Level Login, Mobile Login), Department ID Authentication (Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), uniFLOW Online Express17 (PIN Login, Picture Login, Picture and PIN Login, Card Login, Card and PIN Login, Username and Password Login, Department ID and PIN Login, Function Level Login), Access Management System (Access Control)
Print Security (Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Forced Hold Printing, uniFLOW Secure Print18), Receive Data Security (Confidential Fax Inbox Forwarding Received Documents Automatically), Scan Security (Encrypted PDF, Device Signature PDF/XPS, User Signature PDF/XPS, Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES2.5 Integration), BOX Security (Mail Box Password Protected, Advanced Box Access Control), Send Data Security (Setting for requesting password input per transmission, Restricted E-mail/File send functions, Confirming FAX number, Allow/ Restrict Fax Driver Transmissions, Allow/Restrict Sending from History, S/MIME Support), Document Tracking (Secure Watermark)
TLS 1.3, IPSec, IEEE802.1X authentication, SNMP V3.0, Firewall Functionality (IP/MAC Address Filtering), WPA3 support (Wi-Fi), Dual Network Support (Wired LAN/ Wireless LAN, Wired LAN/Wired LAN), Disabling Unused Functions (Enabling/Disabling Protocols/Applications, Enabling/Disabling Remote UI, Enabling/Disabling USB Interface), G3 FAX separation from LAN, USB Port separation from LAN, Prohibit the execution of files stored in Advanced Box in the MFP, Scan and Send -Virus Concerns for Email Reception
Protecting SSD Data [SSD Data Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated), SSD Lock], Standard SSD Initialize, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Job Log Conceal Function, Protecting MFD Software Integrity, Checking MFD Software Integrity (Verify System at Startup, Runtime Intrusion Detection)
|DEVICE MANAGEMENT AND AUDITING||
Administrator Password, Digital Certificate and Key Management, Audit Log, Cooperating with External Security Audit System (Security Information and Event Management), Image Data Logging, Security Policy Setting
Temperature: 50 to 86 ºF
110-127V AC 60 Hz, 8.5A
|PLUG (MAIN UNIT)||
Maximum: Approx. 2,032 W Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W or less19 Professional Imaging Product Production Energy20 8905i: .28 Wh/image 8995i: .28 Wh/image 8986i: .29 Wh/image
ENERGY STAR® Certified
GPR-37 Toner BK
|TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 6% COVERAGE)||
|1 Subscription to a third-party cloud service required. Subject to third-party cloud service provider’s Terms and Conditions. 2 Third-party SIEM system required. Subject to third-party SIEM system’s Terms and Conditions. Canon cannot ensure compatibility with all third-party SIEM systems. 3 This feature is off by default and must be turned on by the user. Warm-up times are affected once turned on. 4 Requires additional option. 5 For current EPEAT rating (Gold/Silver/Bronze), please visit www.epeat.net. 6 Some types of tracing paper cannot be used. 7 Tab Feeding Attachment-B1 is required. 8 Time from device power-on until copy ready (not print reservation). 9 Time from exiting Sleep mode to when printing is operational. 10 Time from device power-on to when the copy icon appears and is enabled to operate on the touch panel display. 11 With Multi-purpose Tray/upper-right cover open + Front cover open + Copy Tray. 12 With POD Deck Lite-C1 + Document Insertion Unit-R1 + Multi Function Professional Puncher-C1 + Paper Folding Unit-K1 + Booklet Finisher-AG1 + Booklet Trimmer-G1 + Main unit front cover open. 13 Including the toner bottle. 14 EPS can be printed directly only from the Remote User Interface. 15 Requires the optional PCL International Font Set-A1. 16 Requires optional Barcode Printing Kit-D1. 17 Other operating systems and environments, including AS/400, UNIX, Linux, and Citrix may be supported. Some of these solutions are chargeable. SAP Device Types are available via the SAP Market Place. For more information, contact your sales representative. 18 No charge for this solution; however, activation is required. 19 0.9 W Sleep mode may not be possible in all circumstances due to certain settings. 20 Based on ENERGY STAR Product Specification for Imaging Equipment Version 3.0. 21 Requires uniFLOW Online/uniFLOW.|