imageRUNNER ADVANCE 717iFZ
- 10.1″ intuitive touchscreen with smartphone-like usability.
- A unique, customized experience tailored to individual preferences using My ADVANCE.
- Supports mobile solutions and integration with many popular cloud services like Google Drive.
- Scan and convert documents to searchable digital files in a variety of file formats.
- Integration with Canon and various third-party software with embedded application platform.
- Hot Folders allow users to drag and drop a file into a hot folder, and automatically print with predefined settings such as number of copies and finishing requirements.
- Advanced standard security feature set to help safeguard sensitive information and assist in regulatory compliance.
- Integrates with existing, third-party Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems to help provide real-time comprehensive insights into potential threats to the network and printers.
- Technology to verify that the device boot process, firmware, and applications initialize at startup, without any alterations or tampering by malicious third parties. During operation, McAfee Embedded Control utilizes a whitelist to protect against malware and tampering of firmware and applications.
- Security policy settings can be controlled with a dedicated password, configured from a central location, and exported to other supported devices.
- Control aCess to the device and specific features, using a host of flexible authentication methods – PIN code, username/password, or card aCess.
- Canon’s signature reliability and engine technologies help keep productivity high and minimize the impact on support resources.
- Outstanding imaging technologies and toner allow for consistently striking images, thanks to Canon’s V2 color profile.
- Designed to achieve maximum uptime with status notifications that help keep supplies replenished and intuitive maintenance videos for consumables replacement.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have received many awards and recognition from leading industry analysts, often referencing strong reliability.
- Designed for quick, easy deployment.
- Remote diagnostics and parts life management for proactive maintenance and rapid fixes.
- Easy and intuitive to monitor device status and consumable levels, turn off devices remotely, observe meter readings, manage settings, and implement security policies.
- Common firmware and regular updates with Unified Firmware Platform (UFP) for continuous improvements and consistency across a fleet.
- Track and assess print, copy, scan, and fax usage and allocate costs to departments or projects.
- Apply print policies and restrict usage by user to help reduce unnecessary printing and contribute to cost efficiency.
- Standard cloud-based solution provides a centralized dashboard with up-to-the-minute insights into printer activity.
- Upgrade to uniFLOW server or cloud-based solutions for full aCounting and reporting for compatible Canon and third-party devices, pull printing, job routing, and powerful scan workflows.
- A combination of fusing technologies and low-melting-point toner minimizes power requirements and helps achieve low energy consumption.
- Encourage environmentally conscious work practices by enabling multiple settings that can help save paper and energy.
- ENERGY STAR® certified and rated EPEAT® Gold.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 717iFZ
|TYPE||Monochrome Laser Multifunction|
|CORE FUNCTIONS||Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Fax|
|PROCESSOR||Canon Dual Custom Processor (Shared)|
|CONTROL PANEL||10.1″ WSVGA Color Touch-panel|
|MEMORY||3.0 GB RAM|
|HARD DISK DRIVE||250 GB|
|INTERFACE CONNECTION||Network: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
Optional: NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy
Standard: USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device)
Optional: Copy Control Interface
|PAPER CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 650 Sheets
Maximum: 3,300 Sheets
|PAPER SOURCES (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard: 550-sheet Paper Cassette, 100-sheet Stack Bypass
Optional: 550-sheet (CASSETTE FEEDING UNIT-AR1), 2,650-sheet (HIGH CAPACITY CASSETTE FEEDING UNIT-D1), 550-sheet (CASSETTE MODULE-AG1), 75-envelope (ENVELOPE CASSETTE MODULE-A1)
|PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LETTER, 20 LB. BOND)||Standard Model: 500 Sheets
Finisher Model: 1,000 Sheets
|FINISHING CAPABILITIES||Standard Model: Collate, Group
Finisher Model: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple
|SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES||Cassette (Std.): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Labels, Bond, Pre-punched
Stack Bypass: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Transparency, Bond, Envelope
Cassette Feeding Unit-AR1 (Optional): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Labels, Bond, Pre-punched
High Capacity Cassette Feeding Unit-D1 (Optional): Upper: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Heavy, Color, Labels, Bond, Pre-punched Lower: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Heavy, Color, Bond, Pre-punched
Cassette Module-AG1 (Optional): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Heavy, Color, Labels, Bond, Pre-punched
|SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Cassette (Std.): Letter, Executive, Statement, Custom size (3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 8-1/2″ x 11-3/4″)
Stack Bypass: Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Envelope [No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5], Custom size (3″ x 5″ to 8-1/2″ x 14″)
Cassette Feeding Unit-AR1 (Optional): Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Custom size: 3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 8-1/2″ x 14″
High Capacity Cassette Feeding Unit-D1 (Optional) Upper: Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Custom size: 3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 8-1/2″ x 14″ Lower: Legal, Letter
Cassette Module-AG1 (Optional): Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, Custom size: 3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 8-1/2″ x 14″
Envelope Cassette Module-A1: No.10 (COM10), Monarch, DL, ISO-C5
|SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||Cassettes: 16 lb. Bond to 36 lb. Bond (60 to 135 g/m2)
Stack Bypass: 16 lb. Bond to 74 lb. Cover (60 to 199 g/m2)
Duplex: 16 lb. Bond to 32 lb. Bond (60 to 120 g/m2)
|WARM-UP TIME||From Power On: 10 Seconds1
From Sleep Mode: 10 Seconds2
Quick Startup Mode: 4 Seconds3
|DIMENSIONS (W x D x H)||Standard Model: 20-1/4″ x 23-5/8″ x 24-1/4″ (513 mm x 601 mm x 617 mm)
Finisher Model: 20-1/4″ x 23-5/8″ x 32-1/8” (513 mm x 601 mm x 814 mm)
Dimensions (W x D x H) with Paper Feeding Unit or High Capacity Paper Feeding Standard Model:
|INSTALLATION SPACE (W x D x H)||41-3/8″ x 32-3/8″ (1,052 mm x 823 mm)|
|WEIGHT4||Standard Model: Approx. 81.6 lb. (37 kg)
Finisher Model: Approx. 101.4 lb. (46 kg)
|PRINT / COPY SPEED (BW AND COLOR)||Up to 75 ppm (Letter); Up to 59 ppm (Legal)|
|PRINT RESOLUTION (dpi)||1200 x 600|
|STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES||UFR II, PCL®6, Adobe® PS® 3|
|DIRECT PRINT||Available from USB, Advanced Box, Remote UI, and Web Access5|
|SUPPORTED FILES||PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS, XPS|
|PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of software and MEAP-based solutions are available to provide printing from mobile devices or Internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.6|
|FONTS||PCL fonts: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese),7 Barcode Fonts8
PS fonts: 136 Roman
|OPERATING SYSTEM 9||UFRII/PS: Windows® 7/8.1/10, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016, MAC OS X (10.9 or later)
PCL: Windows® 7/8.1/10, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016
PPD: Windows® 7/8.1/10, MAC OS X (10.3.9 or later)
|PRINT FEATURES||Suspend Job Timeout, Subset Finishing (PS only), Profile Settings, Secured Print, Forced Hold Printing, Watermark, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/Orientations, Offsetting, Front/Back Covers, Toner Reduction, Poster Printing|
|FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME||As fast as 5 Seconds|
|MULTIPLE COPIES||Up to 9,999 Copies|
|COPY EXPOSURE||Automatic or Manual (9 Levels)|
|MAGNIFICATION||25%-400% (1% Increments)|
|PRESET REDUCTIONS||25%, 50%, 64%, 78%|
|PRESET ENLARGEMENTS||129%, 200%, 400%|
|BASIC COPY FEATURES||Preset Reduction/Enlargement Ratios by Area, Paper Setting, Previous Settings, Favorite Settings, Finishing, Two-sided, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Interrupt Mode, Setting Confirmation/Cancel|
|SPECIAL COPY FEATURES||Two-sided Original, Finishing, Job Build, N on 1, Different Size Originals,10 Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Page Numbering, Copy Set Numbering, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Secure Watermark, Print Date, Shift, Job Done Notice, Copy ID Card, Skip Blank Pages, Multi Sheet Feed Detection|
|TYPE||Single-pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder11|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY||100 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES||Legal, Letter, Statement, and Custom size (4-1/8″ x 5-7/8″ to 8-1/2″ x 14″)|
|DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS||BW Original: 12 lb. Bond to 33 lb. Bond (42 to 128 g/m2)
CL Original: 17 lb. Bond to 33 lb. Bond (64 to 128 g/m2)
|PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS||Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects [Height up to 1-1/4″; Weight Up to 4.4 lb. (2 kg)]|
|PULL SCAN||Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA
Supported OS: Windows 7/8.1/10/ Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/ Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016
|SCAN RESOLUTION||600 x 600, 400 x 400, 300 x 300, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100, 150 x 150, 100 x 100|
|SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES||A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to mobile devices or cloud-based services depending on your requirements.|
|SCAN SPEED (LETTER)||Single-sided Scanning
Color/BW: 50/50 ipm (300 dpi, send)
BW: 50 ipm (600 dpi, copy)
|DESTINATION||Standard: Email/Internet Fax (SMTP), SMB, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box, Super G3 Fax
Optional: IP Fax
|COLOR MODE||Automatic-Color Select (Full Color/Grayscale), Automatic-Color Select (Full Color/Black-and-White), Full Color, Grayscale, and Black-and-White|
|ADDRESS BOOK||LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed Dial (200)|
|SEND RESOLUTION||600 x 600, 400 x 400, 300 x 300, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100, 150 x 150, 100 x 100|
|COMMUICATION PROTOCOL||File: FTP (TCP/IP), SMB v3.0, WebDAV
Email: SMTP, POP3
|FILE FORMAT||Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable, Apply Policy, Optimize for Web, PDF A/1-b, Encrypted, Device Signature), XPS (Compact, Searchable, Device Signature), Office Open XML (PowerPoint®, Word)
Optional: PDF (Trace & Smooth, User Signature), XPS (User Signature)
|UNIVERSAL SEND FEATURES||Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Different-size Originals,10 Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender’s Name (TTI), Delayed Send, Preview, Job Done Notice, File Name, Subject/Message, Reply-To, Email Priority, TX Report, Original Content Orientation, Skip Blank Pages, Multi Sheet Feed Detection|
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LINES||One|
|MODEM SPEED||Super G3: 33.6 Kbps
G3: 14.4 Kbps
|COMPRESSION METHOD||MH, MR, MMR, JBIG|
|RESOLUTION||400 x 400, 200 x 400, 200 x 200, 200 x 100|
|SENDING / RECORDING SIZE||Statement to Legal|
|FAX MEMORY||Up to 30,000 Pages|
|SPEED DIALS||Max. 200|
|GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS||Max. 199 Dials|
|SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST||Max. 256 Addresses|
|FAX FEATURES||Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Density for Scanning, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender’s Name (TTI), Selecting the Telephone Line, Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Job Done Notice, TX Report, Multi Sheet Feed Detection|
|MAIL BOX SIMPLE (NUMBER SUPPORTED)||100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, 30,000 Maximum Pages Stored|
|ADVANCED BOX||Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV
Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows 7/8.1/10)
Concurrent Connections (Max.)
SMB: 64 WebDAV: 3 (Active Sessions)
|ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE||Approx. 16 GB|
|ADVANCED BOX FEATURES||Authentication for Advanced Box Log-in, Sort Function, Printing a PDF File with a Password, imageWARE Secure Audit Manager Support|
|MEMORY MEDIA||Standard: USB|
|AUTHENTICATION||Standard: Universal Login Manager (Device and Function Level Log-in), User Authentication, Department ID Authentication, Access Management System, uniFLOW Online Express12
|DATA||Standard: Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Hard Disk Password Lock, Hard Disk Drive Erase, Mail Box Password Protection, Hard Disk Drive Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated), Verify System at Startup, McAfee Embedded Control13
Optional: IEEE 2600 Common Criteria Certification, Data Loss Prevention (requires uniFLOW)
|NETWORK||Standard: IP/Mac Address Filtering, IPsec, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP, S/MIME, SIEM Integration|
|DOCUMENT||Standard: Encrypted Secure Print, Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES2.5 Integration, Encrypted PDF, Device Signature, Secure Watermark
Optional User Signature
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Temperature: 50 to 86º F
Humidity: 20 to 80% RH (Relative Humidity)
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||120-127 V AC 60 Hz, 9.7 A|
|PLUG (MAIN UNIT)||NEMA 5-15P|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Maximum: Approx. 1,500 W
Standby: Approx. 29.77 W14
Sleep Mode: Approx. 1.0 W15
Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 0.83 kWh*
|STANDARDS||ENERGY STAR® Certified
Rated EPEAT® Gold16
|TONER||T03 Black (All-In-One Toner Cartridge)17|
|TONER YIELD18 (ESTIMATED @ 5% COVERAGE)||51,500 Images|
|1 Time from device power-on until copy ready (not print reservation).
2 Time from device power-on to when copy icon appears on the main menu of touch-panel.
3 Time from exiting sleep mode to when printing is operational.
4 Includes consumables.
5 PDF print from Web sites is supported.
6 For more information, including compatibility, please visit https://www.usa.canon.com/mobile-app.
7 Requires the optional PCL International Font Set-A1.
8 Requires the optional Barcode Printer Kit-D1.
9 Other operating systems and environments including AS/400, UNIX, Linux and Citrix may be supported. Some of these solutions are chargeable. SAP Device Types are available via the SAP Market Place. For more information, contact your sales representative.
10 Only for Letter/Legal.
11 Detect Feeder Multi Sheet Feeder is supported.
12 No charge for this solution; however activation is required.
13 Requires Unified Firmware Platform v3.9.
14 Reference value (measured one unit).
15 1.0W sleep mode not available in all circumstances due to certain settings.
16 For current EPEAT rating (Gold/Silver/Bronze), please visit www.epeat.net.
17 Includes toner, drum, developer, and waster toner hopper.
18 Toner cartridge yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.* Based on ENERGY STAR Product Specification for Imaging Equipment Version 3.0.